Firstly, huge apologies for those who don’t do social media as I’ve woefully neglected to keep this blog updated. Will try and do better, but this album has a been complete nightmare to bring home and taken every spare moment. In short I just took much on myself. The artwork, final mix and mastering all needed far more input than expected, not to mention the time needed to promote it, and some things have slipped a bit. It’s been a massive trial, far above delivering the previous albums but the good news is, it sounds bloody amazing.
I tend to do most posting of updates on the Cosmograf Facebook page, so to enable everyone who doesn’t do the ‘Book of Face’ to catch up, here’s a summary of what’s happening.
– The album is completed and it’s due for release on the 13th June 2016. Pre- order will start on Monday 16th May.
– It will be released on CD (Digipack with 20 page booklet), iTunes, Amazon mp3 etc. Bandcamp in 24bit/44.1Khz and for the first time 24bit/96Khz versions.
– Sadly there will be no vinyl release in the short term. I’d love to release the album on vinyl but the stark reality is we just don’t sell enough records or have a higher enough profile to justify the outlay required and sell the minimum press quantity. It’s made worse by the fact that it would have to be a double album due to the 60min run time so the cost is just prohibitive for me to finance and end up out of pocket with a stack of unsold records. It is possible that we can arrange some sort of pledge campaign but I’ve run out of time to organise it and have enough time to raise the funds and press the album in time. Sorry, but pressing any sort of physical for a very small time independent act in prog is risk enough and I’ve already pledged more than enough of my own personal money and time to get this far.
– Two album trailers have been produced which you can view below.
– We will also be releasing a lyric video of a complete track very shortly.
Thanks as ever for the amazing support on what has turned out to be a very long and exciting journey into a 5th formal Cosmograf release.